Granite is one of the most popular countertop materials in the market for many good reasons. Aside from its versatility, it also emanates sophistication. Additionally, it is durable, easy to repair and simple to maintain. On top of that, it offers a seemingly limitless number of styles and colors making it easy to pair with any cabinetry.
If you are confused how to match granite with cabinetry, here are some general tips:
• Choose granite with the same color as your cabinetry: the easiest thing is to choose granite having the same color as your cabinet. While you are at it, choose granite with veins of grey, brown or black.
• Select granite with veins of color that matches your cabinetry: if you want contrasting granite and cabinetry color, you should select granite with veins of color that matches the cabinets.
• Pick white granite countertops: if you have neutral medium-brown cabinets, you should pick beige, grey or white granite.
• Take light-colored granite countertops: if you have a small kitchen, that is the only time that you take light-colored granite countertops. This will surely make the space look and feel larger. The same is true for kitchens that do not get much natural light.
• Consider dark-colored granite countertops: if you have a modern kitchen and you want to exude dramatic look, gray and black granite are better choices. Dark-colored granite countertops are also suitable for kitchens having white or light cabinets.
• Opt for brown and beige granite countertops: if you want versatile colors, you should opt for brown and beige granite countertops. These colors are considered the most adaptable colors because they work well with almost any style.
• Specify the suitable pattern for your countertop: before you decide, you should also specify the suitable pattern for your countertop. You must know that there are three patterns of granite countertops – solid, marbled and speckled. Solid granite is known to have little pattern variation. Marbled granite, on the other hand, offers a smooth pattern of color and texture. Finally, speckled granite offers a great deal of variation. This is the reason why it is a popular option. If you want to make a statement, you should look for suitable speckled granite.
• Identify practical edge profile: the edge profile will give the finishing touches to your countertop. If you have modern cabinets, you should opt for bullnose edging. This edge profile is also perfect if you have small children running around. If your kitchen is more traditional, you should consider bevel or ogee edge profile. If you do not know how to identify the suitable edge profile, simply bring a photo of your countertop whenever you visit showrooms.